Monday, January 29, 2007

Our thoughts go out to Barbaro's owners...



(first off, this pic is of our Diamonte--not Barbaro!) I am not sure why I feel such a connection to the owners of the beautiful Barbaro--who was tragically 'lost' due to a fatal racing injury. The owners were courageous facing his injury, as was this beautiful horse--but it was not to be. He was humanely euthanized today because he could not face the rest of his life with out pain.

Our Monte is 28 now and we lost my lifelong friend Crissy several years ago now. I am so impressed with Barbaro's owners- who did not care if he would recover to race or put out with the mares for the rest of his life. They loved him (that was obvious over these past months) and wanted him with them. I am so sad that they could not find some magic for such a great horse. I believe he is in good company 'up there' and I am sure there is also a place there for those special people someday too. The heartbreak of this type of decision is one we are all familiar with in some way and words cannot describe or help. Still we think good thoughts for them all and wish them the best as they recover from their loss....

No comments: