Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's day!

This is a picture from when Abigail had her twins--Baaxter (white) and Piper (black). They are still a very happy family, Abby is a great mama and even though her boys are all grown up, she is still busy keeping them safe--and in line! You can read more about them and see more pictures on our 'meet the sheep' pages!

And a few words about my Mom, and there really are none that come close to describing her heart, strength and determination--all things I admire so much about her, but again, just a FEW things! As you all probably know, Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in December of 2006. She is almost done with chemo now (May 27!) and I am so flipping proud of her.

She stood up to the BC and has come through all her horrible treatments with flying colors--and some beautiful new curls! She and Dad are amazing, watching their commitment to each other all my life is a gift that taught me what it means to love someone.

And I cannot go to Mother's Day wishes with out sending them out to my Barbara either! She is my Mom's best friend (since I was a youngster!) and now I am proud to call her my 'other Mom' and best friend. She is patient, a good soul, great mom and above all, she was there for my Mom through all the BC treatments no matter what. I adore you Barbara!

Our family is SO blessed this mother's day in many ways, but in one very sad way, we are missing Jim's mom Claire terribly. She also was a strong woman, very dedicated to her family and fought her cancer to the last day we had her with us. She never waivered and I adore her--and miss her terribly. She has been gone almost a year now and I will never figure out how my hubby Jim has ever managed to get himself moving forward from Claire's loss the way he has. What an amazing family I have, be sure to hug your family--not just tomorrow, but any chance you get!

Happy Mother's Day to you all, from the Ryans and your sheepie family...... We adore you too!

1 comment:

primdollie said...

Happy mother's day sweetie and to your mom a big giant hug too from me!! thinking of you both!! smooches Linda