Saturday, March 13, 2010

Skid Marks???

We have so much fun here- truly not all of it things you would want others to see, but things are pretty damn funny! Here is how my Friday started out:
It was beautiful outside so I was cleaning up the yard/pastures as I fed the sheep and family. Yey me! I decided I was tired of the hoses and tank heater debris so unplugged the heaters (gasp) and got out the keep fill device for the big pasture's water tank. Yey me! Dragged the big water tank up the hill to the pasture's hydrant, only to realise that the keep fill did not fit on the edge of that tank. Oh well, dragged the silver tank up, it was filthy, scrubbed it out, and wa-la, the sheep now have fresh water with out our dragging hoses all OVER! Really YEY me! After many sheep kisses, hugs and chats, turned to go back and feed the llamas their grain.
The next thing I know, my feet went out from under me, and I tumbled down the incline- if the pasture gate had not been there, I swear I would have ended up right at our back door! YUK! The only thing saved from my freshly showered self were my Barbara's hand knit socks, which are prized in our house......
I guess I DID get caught though- I looked up (of course not injured) to see all my sheep, Dalai Llama (above) hovering over me, an astonished look on every face. WHAT?! Really Mom?! I think they were either worried about me- but more likely it looked like fun, maybe something THEY thought they should try! bwaaahahaha- and I can just imagine the snickering and giggling that went on as I slopped out of the pasture looking like the creature from the black lagoon!
Our life is a blast-truly-and I have the skid marks to prove it! ;0)

4 comments:

primdollie said...

Oh my my made me laugh when I read the email you sent and now this too! Love the pic I bet they were all just stunned to see you there too! how funny! I am glad though that you are ok!! slipping is one thing but then getting hurt would not have been a good thing! keep smiling dear!! the mud will dry up! we are getting the yucky wet stuff too! smooches!

Katidids said...

How funny, where is the hidden camera when you most need it! Glad the only injury was to your pride

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

Yes, the sheep are always there for a good show- and believe me, the three of us put on MANY that we have not even told yet! Must need to write a book, Sandy, Jim and Ross on the farm! bwaaahahahahahaha!

Unknown said...

lol I love reading your blog, you make me laugh but glad you didnt hurt yourself :))

cheers karen