Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My beautiful mom and her wonderful neighbor!

Thought I would update you about my mom, who is currently working through chemo to battle her breast cancer. She has a good prognosis and is doing well--she is half way there! yey mom! She will be done with all the chemo and radiation by the end of February and I can't tell you how proud I am of her courage and grace. She is amazing.

That said, I also want to say how wonderful someone I do not even know is-- my mom and dad's neighbor Beth, who has decided to walk the SIXTY MILE breast cancer walk in my mom's name. It was the most amazing phone call from my mom telling me how touched she was by Beth's effort--and Beth, I hope you know how much we all appreciate what you are doing! I know you did not make the decision lightly (ask my sisters how long the 30 mile walk felt in June!) and we will all be there in spirit cheering you on--and it would not surprise me if my parents showed up to cheer you on in person....

I also wanted to thank all the people who are 'friends of the Homestead sheep' who donated items and participated in our raffles this summer. Together with my sisters, we raised close to $10,000 toward Breast Cancer research. If you would like to help support Beth's effort, her check out her website. Thank you again for your support, it means the world to us as a family--and my beautiful mom!

No comments: