Friday, September 14, 2007

Mystery loom parts and web updates!

Ever seen one of these? This is our 'mystery of the week' part that my friend Linda purchased as a box lot at a flea market--along with other spinning and loom parts--and a drum carder!! If you know what this is, let us know!




Meet my friend Jenny's Guanacos! They were a rescue for her, well cared for but papa had a bad attitude--still does! I will be updating the website this weekend with clouds that are dehaired Guanaco fiber from this little three 'person' family. Proceeds go to Jenny and this is a fiber that is hard to get your hands on--I have set aside a teeny bit to try out, but have plenty for the site--keep an eye out!
Check us out on Allison's blog--we got a big time plug for our beaded yarns--thank you Allison! Lots of fun reading on her site so be sure to check it out! We also discovered a new publication named Selvedge-- take a look, I can't wait to get my subscription set up!! Selvedge 'covers fine textiles in every context: fine art, interiors, fashion, travel and shopping, aiming to provide a comprehensive resource for our wide audience of textile enthusiasts. ' Look for us on the supplier link page! Whee!

My log cabin quilt almost reaches my feet now, having so much fun with that free form pattern! It is also keeping me toasty and warm in our cooler fall weather the past few days.

Be sure to check out our update today, LOTS of dyed fiber on the roving/batt page and new yarns galore! More to follow! Happy fiber fall!

No comments: