Thursday, July 02, 2009

Please bear with me til tomorrow....

I don't have many words in my heart today, but did not want to leave anyone thinking I had left town either. I will be back to answering email tomorrow (Friday July 3). I had to let two of my sweet sheep go today- and I am heartbroken.
The bottom picture is my Culley sheep as a lamb, and top is my elegant, very grown up Border leicester boy- who by the age of 4 had a very horrid case of genetic arthritis. We have been treating it very aggressively for the past few years and he had finally had enough.
The last picture is my sweet Bela Mia- you might remember her from a large rescue we were involved with last winter? Her legs were crippled in front thanks to her former owner- and the past few weeks found her pain uncontrollable, and she deserved better from the world.
So whomever watches over my sheep up there, two good sheep were added to your flock- and they love Fruit Loops and hugs. Please be sure they get a ton of them. Also, Culley has missed his mom Mma, and brother Treasure. Bela Mia has been missing her best ever friend Kelly. Please be sure they find each other in 'my' flock....

If I ever get 'used to' the decisions we are often forced to make- it will be time for me to get out of this line of work. Fortunately, in that light, things are as they should be. I will miss you forever my sweet lambies.....

8 comments:

Liz said...

Oh Sandy, my heart goes out to you and your wonderful sheep! But you are right - they are in a better place and I'm so grateful for all the work you do for the sheep and us fiberistas! Love always!

Stitching Upstairs said...

Sandy, I am so sorry for your loss but take solace in knowing that you gave them so much love and such a good life.

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

Thank you both- your kind words mean the world to me. Truly.

Solace will come later for me, I have quite a 'process' when these things have to be done. Not one of my greater 'charms' I am afraid!

We are lucky to have the critters any time that we get with them and I try to find my solace there-as you said, giving them a good place to live safely, with lots of love and of course FRUIT LOOPS!

Taos Sunflower said...

I'm SO SO sorry to read this. Big hugs to you. XOXO

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

thank you Martie... been quite a week with sheepy/critter sadness... will spare you all the rest of the story- on to a more 'fit to be printed' blog next!! Hugs back atcha!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry..I just read this and feel your sorrow. I know they were very loved on this earth and that is so much more than so many have. You gave them so much and even in the end you still did what was best by letting them go to a place with no pain. Time helps. Hard to hear but it will. *hugs*

HollyEQQ said...

Poor girl. It will be a damn stampede when you finally arrive in heaven!

Know that your adopted bela mia spent her final days on earth clean and comfortable with someone who cared and loved her. She went peacefully and that is the most we can hope for.

And Cully... well, these things are tough. I know you did everything you possibly could to make his life a better place.
Hugs sheepy mom.
Holly

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

Hi Holly & everimproving me- thank you so much for your kind words. A friend told me something her mom always said (that feeds into my belief that they are all waiting in heaven if I get there). She said that if there are no animals when she gets to heaven, then there is no heaven for her.... says it all don't you think? Does for me anyhoo! Hugs to you both and thank you for caring about my sheep...