Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Blanket For Annie....

Once in a while I get the chance to work on a project that is not typical for my day. I love it! A gal contacted me to weave/create a throw/blanket for her using only our sheep's handspun yarn. It's been a fun, long road of challenge, trial and error since it has been a while since I wove a project of this size.

It is a reversible blanket, one side is sewn together with a simple blanket stitch. The other with a feather stitch I think my Grandma Lamp would be proud of? Let's hope! Lots of history and sheep karma are woven into this and I hope Annie likes it as much as the sheep and I do! (my photos stink so please bear with me- as usual!)

Hope you are all having a wonderful week- smooches from the sheep!! 



1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

Sandy: This is quite a special blanket, beautiful and I love that it's natural wool colored. Lucky Annie!