Friday, June 12, 2009

Silence of the Goats.......

Well THAT title sounds sort of ominous- oops! It has been a real rodeo around here- all around us farmers are baling hay. The smell of fresh hay wafting about the countryside drives our goats batty. Truly freaking batty. For example- today I got up, looked out my window to see the 5 goats, 1 sheep running around on the road- with a crazed llama threatening to jump the fence to be with her goofy flock. OMG.
Got them back where they belong, fed them breakfast and all was quiet.... I spent lots of time keeping an eye on them- and all of a sudden, THREE GOATS and A GIANT SHEEP on the lam? I called and called, rattled the food bucket with corn- no answer. Went out traisping around the hayfield with the Gatormobile, no critters in the hayfield. Back home, took the truck around the block- no critters. Got out of the truck, and wow, there was Phoebe (pictured below in her favorite box) running around the pasture to see what I was up to. Took my little pail of corn up and oops, there came the gigundo Sonny sheep, and the two missing goats- OUT OF THEIR FLIPPING HOUSE-the last place I would have looked-obviously. I think they need hearing aids. Right after I give them a talking to about no so funny hide and seek-or maybe hearing aids first? I can just hear them snickering away out there.... grrrrr.
SO, the goats had a party on me- Sonny is not so, well, forward thinking, he was just along for the ride. He has a lot to learn about being a goat! I hope my afternoon is a bit quieter- have SO much update work to do- and at this point, the update is moving to Monday (PROMISE IT WILL BE MONDAY)- and I personally thank you for your patience- life is a rodeo at the Homestead. Is it a full moon? Have to check- no goatie fruit loops tonight- turds. ;0)

2 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

Woweee...what a hoot. Gotta love the critters. They must have had fun doing that to you...
I've been wanting a Gator for years...lucky you!

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

Hi Martie! I am always thankful for that Gator- was a good investment for all the time I am on long treks searching for my naughty critters! They sure are funny though- can you just imagine the snickering going on out there the entire time I was looking for them- and getting very panicked???