Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What's on the wheel this week??



Hello all, hope you had a wonderful holiday! We ate ourselves silly at mom's and had a great time. What's new on the wheel you say? Crazy Quilt singles AND baby camel singles I spun from mill ends I was lucky enough to get my hands on! All sort of bulky and SOFT soft soft. I have always loved camels--wish they came in a smaller size though--they are BIG, strong and sort of destructive--but have great personalities! The big sweeties!



Here is the latest lash yarn--Raggedy lashes. You can find them on the site already and more lash yarn to follow. My computer would not read the second disc of pictures today so have to re-take them tomorrow and update again--will keep you posted. There are new rovings, Corriedale wool and more just waiting to get 'out there'.....







Wonderful Jacob wool from our friends Becky & Carl's Cold Valley flock! We love this fiber--it is absolutely spankingly free of debris, soft and just high quality lilac, white and tri-color fleeces. I washed up Spot's fleece and it is available on the site too. I really can't believe we still have any of the Jacob fleeces--they are usually long gone by now so don't miss out!

And here is what I do in my 'free' time-- create something from a lot of nothings! This lamp shade came out of Ross' bedroom when he replaced it. I liked the look of the shade so it hung around (no pun intended hee hee) until I got the perfect place/idea for it--my office/spinning studio! I found the chandelier crystals at the thrift store one day, then added in some pearly looking beads for a more dramatic effect--I love it! Adds some very warm charm to the office for sure. I posted more pictures here and please take a browse through the site too.


Also, a good friend of the Homestead--Linda in Ohio--has been having a rough go of things lately and she offers some fantastic yarn through her Etsy shop--take a peek and maybe you will find something you have to have!! She was involved in a car accident this week that totalled out her hubby's car--but she is fine--although it makes them car-less for now and lots of headaches on the way..... ugh. SO, Fleece Navidad to everyone and check back soon for more goodies!








No comments: