Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ta-Da! Desk is done!!




Well, here it is! Done! I had a great time gathering up all my favorite little pictures, advertisements and such that I have been stashing about for years! I love to collect old post cards and pictures--sure hate to see the family albums and such hitting the trash 0r being unwanted. There are so many great farm pictures, spinning and weaving related pictures and of course the vintage ads are fun too! I decoupaged them onto the top of the desk and just love how it turned out. I am sure this will be one of my continuing projects, we used this as our desk at the show on Sunday and it was great--a great conversation piece. I plan to add some upholstery tacks to some of the picture corners and also paint our farm logo/name on the front panel. Too fun! There is plenty of room for more vintage 'stuff' to decorate with later--the fun of a collage!

The weather has been wonderful and almost like an early fall. The apples are getting ripe in our little orchard, although I have to admit that the critters have been enjoying the windfall apples (or a good shake of the tree treat) for weeks now. Specially our pot belly pigs Peanut and Pal.

We are going to introduce a new line of knit items on the site in the next few weeks so keep an eye out! My mom (Nancy Hilton, Wonder Lake, IL) has been busy in the winter time knitting beyond beautiful scarves for me with our handspun yarn--and some fun extras. We just drafted our best friend & talented knitter (Barbara Toren, Elgin IL) to start knitting mittens and hats with our handspun--her first box will be on its way this week! Too fun! Our new part of the website will be 'Three Chic Knits' and I am sure there will be plenty of great items for gifts and such.... more updates to follow!

The sheep are enjoying the fall like breezes, spending days out laying in the cool grass, watching the world go by--hope you get to spend some time like that too!!

No comments: