Friday, September 17, 2010

Fun in the sun!

well, TODAY was fun in the sun anyway! You probably all know how much I dread taking pictures of yarn and finished items? Well, I finally listened to everyone and went outside. Wanted to have a place in my studio to take pictures but looks like I should have listened MUCH sooner! Still some things to work out but love it so far....

Our Aina's Fall 'Bendy' yarn- dyed by Aina, handspun by me as a wire corespun skein...
Night Owl knitting- our 'signature' Crazy Quilt yarn- handspun by me and knit at night- when I hardly ever sleep....
Gadzooks! Boa scarf created out of soft, bouncy Corriedale wool from a friend's happy flock of sheep! Ooh la la!
Rare British Suffolk wool from our friends happy flock of WI sheep. Hand dyed and spun here at our farm into a single ply yarn, sort of bouncy, a hint of shine and just too fun!

Our Marie's Merino x wool, she dyed it up and I spun it onto a wire core- perfect for embellishment, doll creations, jewelry making.... more fun from the sheeps!

NOW you all better look out, the sheep and I are on our way to taking much better photos- giddy up and yeeeeha! Hope you all have wonderfully fibery, creative plans this weekend? Send the sheep an email and let us know what you are up to- any time ok? Smooches from the sheep!
http://www.homesteadwoolandgiftfarm.com/  or http://www.crazyquilthomestead.etsy.com/
farm email: ryan3@tds.net



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful, colorful, art yarn! Thanks for the post!