Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I love thee dogs?

Let me count the ways.....

You love my sheep and protect them from evil doers.
You have an animal friendly 'agreement' with the coyotes, dogs and other intruders to stay safely on their side of your fences-which they highly respect.

AAAAND, you also look after and protect me. This morning with the help of our deaf Border Collie Noodle- yep, you heard right. Noodle woke me up this morning (at 4 a.m. no less) just incensed and barking her intruder bark. At almost the same moment, I heard what sounded like someone knocking at the door? Which would be how Noodle saw them. I really can move fast in some instances, always amaze myself! tee hee!
I heard two people talking outside, really hushed tones. At the same second I heard them, two white flashes FLEW down the driveway like they were chasing on the heels of the bats from hell. Son and I got quickly out the back door- the Border Collies went out like thunder, barking at the driveway fence. Bobbi and Andrew (the white streaks) were already up on our hill, and had chased whomever it was all the way UP that very steep hill.
I am thinking SOMEone had to clean out their trousers AND hope they made it past the farm on the other side of our hill unscathed. Their German Shepherds are very unappreciative of people stopping by THEIR farm too. We called out 'good dog' (we never use their names in front of anyone we don't know) and Bobbi and Andrew came galloping down to the yard We handed out treats and watched them play. They were SO happy with themselves and proud of their ability to protect the home front! They galloped, played and paraded around the circle drive for a bit, then went back home to resume watching over their sheep.
Now I never wish anyone harm, nor do I wish my dogs to bite or hurt anyone or anything. Bobbi and Andrew have had all their shots, but would be in way too much trouble- and our insurance would probably sky rocket.
THAT said, feeling safe in my own home, in this little piece of heaven is a gift. AND do you think they stopped running yet? giggle
Stay away bad guys.
Thanking God for my dogs......again.

6 comments:

jammackay said...

Wow, that sounds like a close call--your dogs are "GOOD DOGS!"
:)


Glad you are safe

Homestead Wool & Gift Farm said...

Hi Ann-Marie! Just one of those things that happens so fast you really don't realise all it meant til after! I adore those dogs, they are such soulful creatures- they are good dogs- and they send you smooches! ;0)

The Rambling Rose said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad everyone is safe. Amazing how love runs so deep in our furchildren!

Linda said...

Wow...creepy! What a sweet face on (is it one or two..pyrenees??). Job well done! Fruit loops all around!

Kati said...

Holy Cow! Did you call the police or the next farm down teh road? I am so curious about what happened to the two intruders! Glad you are safe and the dogs are on guard!

Taos Sunflower said...

AWESOME!!!! GREAT DOGS!!!