Monday, May 17, 2010

A few hours in the life....

Well, first this is a post about a few hours of my Sunday afternoon, home alone while the fellows ran errands. Doesn't Phoebe goatie look innocent? Not so much....
Was doing my least favorite laundry- people laundry- give me a dirty sheep fleece anyday! ha! Heard snuffling of all things (in the basement???) and there were two goats looking in the basement window at me. No problemo, we let them in the back yard to 'mow' all the time. Finished up and when I got upstairs, there was PHOEBE looking at me through the back door?
Got shoes, chased the goat off the back porch and closed the door again. What did I hear next? Lambies crying and Snowy mama having a hysterical fit. BOTH lambies out in the big sheep pasture with out mama. As soon as Pixie heard me, she ducked right back in, all innocent, but Pixel is not always as quick as she is. He forgets his way back home. Half an hour later, got the lambs and Snowy back where they belonged. In the mean time, Becan Shetland got IN, and Keebler sheep got OUT. I was so tired- and mad- I shut the gate and said enough. Wait til the guys get home.
Looked up just in time to see Shannon Shetland trotting off down the driveway- looking at me over her shoulder like, tee hee, MY turn! Also noticed at the same time about 5 of her Shetland buddies had snuck into the paddock with the llamas/alpacas. Urgh. THEN, the goats were sleeping inside my back porch? Really? They opened a patio door?
SO ended up throwing my hands up in the air and stomping in the house- THREE HOURS of this silliness and I was el done-o. The guys got home, fixed the fence and got the rest of the critters back where they belonged.... and guess what? The critters were ALL angels? Holy smack....
Good thing they are cute - they sure had a plan for me yesterday didn't they? sheesh! ;0)

1 comment:

sphynx knitter said...

lol I am sure you were frustrated but to me that sounds like great fun! (= I love animals.