Monday, February 22, 2010

A Missing Goat Named Millie.....

First I have to let you know this is not a goat missing from our farm here at the Homestead. That said, I am hoping somewhere we can find someone who knows where Millie is- here is the info posted about Millie:
"Our sweet Lamancha-Boer X Doe Millie has disappeared from our farm on Franklin Rd. (Monroe, Wisconsin). Millie is built and colored like a Boer with the small ears of a Lamancha. Millie is primarily white with a light brown head and markings. She is due to kid in March and our daughter was looking forward to showing her at the County Fair. Millie came to us all the way from New York and she is a remarkable Doe. We would be willing to offer a small reward for Millie's safe return we just miss her very much."
I am going to confirm that they have not found their Millie goat today and if not, will re-post pictures here of what she looks like, or similar goats to give people a good idea of her sweet self. I am not saying this goat was stolen, I have no idea, but I do know the farming communities are seeing a large increase in animal theft. It is frightening and the thought of an animal going missing is one of my personal nightmares. Several months ago, someone cut our back fence line, removed the fence panel and all my sheep were in our hayfield the next morning. We do not know who did the fence cutting but it sure put the fear of something into ME. Our sheep were fine and all accounted for but geesalou. I think I hugged and counted them about 50 times that day- every time in tears.
I cannot imagine how sad Millie's family must be- can you help? If you have any information about Millie, please email or call asap! Thank you for stopping by today.... Sandy & the sheep

1 comment:

Taos Sunflower said...

This is horrible. I hope she is found, safe and sound.